Here we are – week 7 (or more?) and what do we know about the current pandemic?
“Yale Medicine” writes that there are five things everyone should know about the “Coronavirus outbreak”
- “What we know about the COVID-19 is changing rapidly”. – Really, then answer the question – what the heck DO we actually KNOW – details please!?
- “Strict measures are critical for slowing the disease”. – Really, then how freaking strict is too strict or are we all going to have to live alone in a cave, eating bugs. HUH!?
- “Infection prevention is the key”. Whaaaat?! What is the perfect prevention – masks, wipes, curbside pick-up, joblessness, poverty, isolation, loneliness; Totalitarian government!!!? – Define the perimeters of PREVENTION, instead of punishment!
- “Experts are working rapidly to find solutions”. Ah, there you go, now I am comforted. How long shall we wait, until, uh, what… until JESUS COMES BACK?!
- “If you feel ill, here’s what you should do – call a medical provider”. – Come again; have you not heard that they turn people away who aren’t in an advanced stage of suffering; who are actually dying!? Got another idea?
They conclude their article with this brilliant, Yale Law School, type, comment…
“Because knowledge about the new virus is evolving rapidly, you can expect information and recommendations to change frequently. Threats like COVID-19 can lead to the circulation of misinformation, so it’s important to trust information only from reputable health organizations and government sources such as the CDC and the WHO.” Really, the CDC who botched the testing, the W.H.O. who colluded with China – trust the human elements who have led us to this point – really, trust them?! https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories/2019-novel-coronavirus/
NO, and again I say NO – respect, yes; trust NO!
If that is the best Yale can do, then I now KNOW, for sure, that I need a more authoritative voice – if I am to “know” how I am to deal with all this Pandemic confusion. Geez a parrot could have regurgitated the information above – and maybe one did – how am I to “know”?
Therefore, if I want to trust someone, it will be God. If I want to know something, it will be from God and from those who similarly put God first.
Think I am weird – well yea, you’re right, I am – but on this, hear me out…
There is a source of truth – and it is God (John 3:33).
There is a sense of knowing – and we are invited there by God (1 John 5:20)
So, after 4 months of trusting people who know more than me but don’t know enough to really inform me and ensure my “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”; I am going elsewhere for “knowledge of what to do” (1 Chr 12:32).
I am going to spend some extra time with the “All knowing” – “Great Physician” to see what He has to say, specifically to me, about how I should conduct myself in this era of the Coronavirus Conundrum.
Here’s what I mean…
- The Bible tells us that God is omniscient (Psalms 103:17) and that in Jesus are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3). I’ll go visit Him.
- Furthermore, the Bible tells us that we can know God. And, of course, He already knows us (Galatians 4:8, 9). Why not see what He’ll tell me?
- Scriptures also tells us that God is both True but also Self-Revealing (1 John 5:20; 1 Samuel 27), and that He will, when asked, reveal His truth to you (John 16:13-15) by His Spirit, whom He sends as our “Helper” (John 14:16-18). Jesus guarantees this ‘provision’ of God when we choose, through faith, to follow Him (John 14:6). So I’ll be a seeker and an asker.
- But this knowledge of both God and His way, truth and life will not be fully achieved in this life (1 Corinthians 13:12). This is why we must seek Him daily and follow Him closely. I’ll try that approach.
- As a result, we’ll know the following, & should live as He instructs us.
- No one who “knows” God chooses a life of sin (1 John 5:18).
- We “know we are of God and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one” – therefore we should shed the shackles of this world and receive the awl of surrender, to be servants of God (1 John 5:19; Exodus 21:6; Romans 12:1, 2).
- “We know God has come and given us understanding that we might know him who is true and that we are in Him, who is true”(1 Jn 5:20). So for now, a pause on the daily briefing and a “go” on listening to God!
- Finally, be forewarned, this knowledge of God is so important, to God, that He will chastise and judge nations and people, so that they will “know” He is The Lord (EZ 12:16; 15:7; 25:11, 17; 28:23). I’ll love & obey Him, then!
“For I will send pestilence to her And blood to her streets, And the wounded will fall in her midst By the sword upon her on every side; Then they will know that I am the Lord.”
Maybe it’s time for the experts to go “mute” and for us to stand up and say something about what we know – because of Who we know, the real WHO – the Great I AM!